On January 16, 1919, the US government ratified the 18th Amendment to the Constitution, prohibiting the “manufacture, sale, or transportation of intoxicating liquors for beverage purposes”. It remained in effect until 1933, when the 21st Amendment revoked prohibition.
Today beer and other alcoholic beverages have a much better reputation, especially with creative chefs and bakers. The health benefits of beer are said to be better than those of wine and the idea of craft brew and at home brewing has many adventurous beer-lovers aching to try the newest beverage on the market.
With the release of thousands of flavorful and lagers, cooking with beer has never been more exciting. I had a blast pulling together these delicious recipes and I wish there was time to include even more!
From the traditional beer bread and beer braised meat to the more original use of beer in various desserts and side dishes, this collection of beer-themed recipes helps celebrate and honor this well-loved beverage.
1. Beer Braised Chicken Tacos with Beer Corn Tortillas from The Beeroness
2. Guinness Chocolate Pudding from Sprinkle Bakes
3. Honey Beer Bread from LuLuLu at Home
4. Braised Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Beer from A Spicy Perspective
5. Crockpot BBQ Beer Chicken from How Sweet It Is
6. Beer Battered Onion Rings from Pennies on a Platter
7. Sourdough Beer Pretzels from Sugar Crafter
8. Chicken with Honey Beer Sauce from So, How’s it Taste?
9. Founder’s Porter Macaroni and Cheese from Michigan Beer Blog
10. Beer Braised Pulled Pork from Domestic Fits
11. Beer Battered Asparagus from CraftBeer.com
12. Teriyaki Porter Drumsticks from The Brooklyn Brew Shop