In her book, Seriously…I’m Kidding, Ellen DeGeneres has a chapter called, “The Secret to Life”. The page simply reads, “Kale.”
Known for its numerous health benefits and mineral content, kale has become a favored wonderfood for everyone and anyone who is trying to eat healthy or lose weight. It’s packed with vitamins and nutrients, it’s versatile and delicious, and best of all…very forgiving. It’s pretty hard to screw up a kale recipe…so it’s a great ingredient for those who are a bit intimidated to start cooking more “exotic” dishes.
My relationship with kale is fairly new…I only recently discovered it and the bond was instantaneous. If you’re looking for some easy and delicious starter recipes to see if you have a taste for kale, check out Kale Tortellini Soup and Fettuccine with Sausage and Kale. Both are easy and quick to make, so they’re great for weekday meals and last minute dinner ideas.
If you already know that you love kale, you HAVE to check out these other amazing recipes. Who would have thought that kale would be the perfect addition to everything from mashed potatoes to avocado dip!
1. Quinoa and Kale Patties from Yummy Supper
2. Moroccan Kale Salad from Pure Wow
3. Trapanese Pesto Pizza with Shrimp and Kale from Bev Cooks
4. Crustless Kale Quiche from Ingredients, Inc.
5. Kale Pesto from Weelicious
6. Tropi-Kale Stuffed Avocados from Natalia
7. Kale Mashed Potatoes from Food Loves Writing
8. Baked Egg and Kale Cups from One Hungry Mama
9. Creamy Kale & Avocado Dip from Sweet Sugar Bean