Think those super thin bowls are just for making java in the AM? Think again…Take a look at what else you can do with coffee filters:
1. Use them to clean windows, mirrors, chrome, etc. Coffee filters are lint free so they will leave your windows sparkling and streak free.
2. Protect your fine China by separating your dishes with a coffee filter between each dish. You can also use them to wrap up Christmas ornaments and to protect other breakables.
3. Use them to soak out the grease of your favorite foods.
4. Use them as little prep bowls for spices, veggies, and other dry ingredients while baking. They are easily disposable and it will save you from washing more dishes.
5. They make great blotting tools for when you nick yourself shaving.
6. Due to their super thin nature, coffee filters are great for tie-dying and crafting. Tie-dye them to make beautiful butterflies and roses.
7. They can be used to strain soup and to tie fresh herbs to put into soups and stews. On that same note, put some spices or baking soda in them and tie them up to make your own little sachet for shoes and closets.
8. Use them as a spoon rest while making soup or pasta.
9. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave to prevent splattering.
10. They can be used to remove fingernail polish when you’re out of cotton balls.
11. Use coffee filters to sprout seeds. Simply dampen the filter, place the seed inside, fold it up and put it in a plastic baggie until they sprout.
12. Break the cork in the wine bottle? No problem! Use a coffee filter to filter the wine and remove the cork.
13. Use them as a bowl for chips, popcorn, etc. It’s a perfect serving size and clean up is a breeze if you’re having a lot of people over.
14. If you hate being a messy eater (like me!), use them to hold your tacos together. They make great wrappers for messy food.
15. Use them to stop the soil from leaking out of the bottom of a plant. Line the bottom of the planter with coffee filters to prevent the soil from going through/clogging up the drainage holes.
Knowledge is power! Learn fun facts, hints and tips, and creative ways to use every day items with “The Buzz” posts on Thursday.