Audrey Hepburn. Maybe one of the most beautiful and charming actresses Hollywood has ever known. She played opposite to some of Hollywood’s most prominent and attractive leading men, staring in almost 30 feature films and many TV and theater performances. She is one of few EGOT winners (for those of you who watch 30 Rock!), receiving an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony Award. She’s also the winner of a Golden Globe Award, the Cecil B. DeMille Award, and a Life Achievement Award. Not too shabby for a little ballerina dancer from Belgium.
Not only was Audrey a wonderful and talented actress of the stage and screen, she was also a humanitarian and philanthropist, donating much of her time as a goodwill ambassador to the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF). She traveled all over the world helping children in impoverished countries. In 1992 she received the Presidential Medal of Freedom and two years later was the recipient of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’s Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award. Even after her death, she’s still honored as one of the most influential people in the world.
So how does a girl do it? What was her secret? I’ll tell you one thing, it wasn’t moisturizing her skin for five hours every night. It wasn’t going to the gym 4 hours a day for the rest of her life. It wasn’t starving herself on a diet of carrot juice and celery. It was a little poem she found, written by comedian Sam Levenson, called “Time Tested Beauty Tips.” She would read it to her sons and held it close to her throughout the remainder of her life.
You wanna learn to be beautiful like Audrey? Follow her advice:
“Time Tested Beauty Tips”
1. For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
2. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
3. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
4. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day.
5. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.
6. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.
7. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you’ll find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
Come back every Tuesday for “The Bees Knees”, where I post the best quotes from my favorite movies, TV shows, songs, and books.
One response to “Beauty Tips from Audrey Hepburn”
She has always been my inspiration !! What a beautiful woman and lovely human being.