Once in a while a recipe will call for this strange ingredient…and unfortunately will only require 1-2 tablespoons of it…so what do you do with the rest of the bottle, other than make the same recipe a million times?
Well, as luck would have it, vinegar will last a lifetime…so you don’t really have to worry about it going bad; however, there are tons of other things you can do with apple cider vinegar:
- ACV can be used to sooth sunburns and insect bites. It’s 100 percent natural, so it’s a good alternative to other treatments. Bonus, it can also be used to sooth skin ailments on our pets.
- Curve a craving by adding a teaspoon of ACV to a glass of water. Add some honey for flavor and enjoy. Simply adding ACV to water will help you feel healthy and will even give you skin a healthy glow. Perfect for the summer!
- Upset stomach? Mix 2 teaspoons of ACV in with a glass of water. This has also been thought to help with morning sickness if you’re pregnant.
- Keep your hair glowing this summer by filling an old shampoo bottle ½ full of ACV and add a cup of cold water. Pour through your hair after shampooing 3-5 times a week for a beautiful shine.
- Help treat acne and age spots by combining ACV in 2 parts water and dabbing it on your face with a cotton ball.
- Mix ½ cup ACV with 1 cup water. Use this to clean microwaves, tiles, windows, and mirrors. This will also work as a disinfectant.
- Use ACV as an aftershave for soft skin…or pour 1 cup of ACV into your bath water.
*While the health benefits of ACV are numerous, please check with your doctor before starting any ACV treatment. There are high acidic levels in vinegar that may present a problem for people suffering from low potassium levels or other health issues. Play it safe!!
Knowledge is power! Learn fun facts, hints and tips, and creative ways to use every day items with “The Buzz” posts on Thursday.