Nothing quite says summer like some good ol’ refreshing Kool Aid. You can get it in a wide variety of flavors and it’s perfect to keep on hand for when your kids invite their friends over for a party. But Kool Aid ain’t just for drinking. This summer sensation can do wonders on you, on your home, and on your wallet.
1. Make flavored frosting! Add a packet of flavored Kool Aid to vanilla frosting to decorate cakes and cupcakes.
2. Tie dye an old tee shirt. Check out this Web site for directions (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/223685/10_unusual_uses_for_koolaid_brand_soft_pg3.html?cat=69)
3. Use lemonade Kool Aid to help get rid of lime deposits and iron stains in your dish washer. Pour the packet into the detergent cup and run an empty cycle.
4. Make a yummy lip gloss. Mix one packet of Kool Aid with 3 tablespoons of vegetable shortening. Microwave it for one minute and transfer it into your canister of choice. Refrigerate overnight.
5. APRIL FOOL’S JOKE!: Rub a packet of Kool Aid on the head of the shower. When the victim turns on the water, they’re in for quite a surprise!
6. As someone who frequently dyes her hair red, I can say that Kool Aid is great for freshening red hair. Mix 1/2 tablespoon of red Kool Aid to a few squirts of hair conditioner. Comb this through your hair and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Rinse with cool water. If it’s too red, I may have a theory. GRANTED, I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS, BUT I’M BASING THIS ON COMMON SENSE. The opposite color of red is green, so theoretically, adding green Kool Aid may help reduce/balance the red. Again, I’ve never tried this, but for some brave soul, it might be an option.
7. Add some Kool Aid to water and let white flowers (such as baby’s breath or white daisies) suck up the colored water…and watch your flowers transform!
Knowledge is power! Learn fun facts, hints and tips, and creative ways to use every day items with “The Buzz” posts on Thursday.
2 responses to “7 Clever Uses for Kool Aid”
Wow, this is awesome! I could totally see #5 at college. Poor freshmen 😛
Ha! Indeed. One of my friends once did that on the kitchen sprayer hose and then taped the handle down so when his girlfriend turned on the water, the water would come out the sprayer and not the faucet…and was red to boot. Needless to say, he paid dearly for that one 😉