When I was in college, I had one or two go-to recipes that I could whip up easily and that would last me through the week. This pasta dish was my favorite. I would usually make it on Sunday and it was enough to get me through until the end of the week. Bonus, it’s just as good cold as it is warm…and as is the case with most pasta dishes, it’s better the second day.
What You’ll Need:
1-2 chicken breasts
1 lb. box penne, gemelli, or spiral pasta
2 cups chopped frozen broccoli (about half of a 28 oz. bag of chopped frozen broccoli)
1 24 oz. jar Alfredo sauce
1/2 cup parmesean cheese (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook your pasta according to the directions on the box.
2. As your pasta cooks, cook your chicken breasts either on the stove or in a Forman grill. Let the chicken rest for a minute or two after cooking. Thinly slice your chicken into strips and set aside.
3. Cook your broccoli in the microwave according to the directions on the bag. If there are no directions, place the broccoli in a bowl and cover it with a lid that will allow for steam to escape. Add some water to the bowl and put it in the microwave until tender, usually about 5 minutes. When it’s done, drain it and set aside.
4. Once your pasta is done cooking, drain it and put it back in the pot. Add the jar of Alfredo sauce and the broccoli. Turn the heat down to low to warm up the sauce. Stir it all together for about a minute or two and then add the cheese (optional), salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
5. You can either plate the pasta and top it off with the chicken slices or mix the chicken right into the pasta itself.
Just as good cold as it is warm!
Every Monday is a “Reci-bee” post, where I share my favorite recipes, recipe collections, and cooking and baking hints and tips.