Well, it’s hard to believe but it’s almost time to start calendar shopping for next year. Before you toss your old one, consider some of these ideas:
- Turn your old calendar into unique wrapping paper…best part is that you can use the dated side as well as the photo side.
- Get crafty by cutting up the photos and using them to decorate your scrapbooks, frames, coasters, etc. The possibilities are endless.
- Donate them to schools or nursing homes. They’ll gladly take these off your hands to help teach students and adults alike how to count and to help train their memory.
- Use the photos as writing workshop tools.
- Plan ahead and look for a calendar with photos that would complement your decor. When that year/month is over, frame the picture and hang it up.
- Cut the squares out and rearrange to make a new calendar! Bonus—all the birthday and anniversary notes you wrote down last year won’t change.
Knowledge is power! Learn fun facts, hints and tips, and creative ways to use every day items with “The Buzz” posts on Thursday.