While going through boxes of stuff in my new apartment, I came across a pile of old Christmas cards. Now, as a previous Hallmark employee, I know that people take great care in picking out cards for people, so I feel terrible throwing them away. Therefore, I have decided to recycle them so that they may live forever in my various craft projects. Here are some ideas to put those cards to use after Christmas is over.
1. Make them into ornaments. There are tons of origami style ornament patterns online.
2. Cut them up to create gift tags, scrapbook embellishments, or turn them into new cards!
3. If you have various scenes that you’re a fan of, frame them and hang them in the winter for some seasonal art.
4. Cut them up and decoupage them onto coasters. Wrap up your coasters with some home made cookies and hot cocoa mix and you’ve got one cozy gift.
5. You could also glue them onto wooden blocks to create a puzzle.
6. If you’re not feeling particularly creative, you could always donate them to St. Jude’s Hospital or other various organizations. At least you know they will be put to good use.
Knowledge is power! Learn fun facts, hints and tips, and creative ways to use every day items with “The Buzz” posts on Thursday.