In an age where everything is going digital, the good ol’ photo album seems almost obsolete now. Why go through the hassle of printing and organizing all your photos when you can simply store them away on a hard drive or create a digital scrapbook of all your pictures?
It is true that photo albums take up a lot of space. They can be frustrating to organize and finding refill pages can be more of a hassle than its worth. Therefore, here are some other ideas for these albums you have laying around your house…
- Use a small photo album to organize business cards. Great for those of us who need to carry our cards with us at all times and equally great for those who need to rely on business cards, but don’t want our desks cluttered with a Rolodex.
- Organize various scrapbook supplies and/or newspaper clippings.
- Create a address book for the ages: Place an index card with the address, phone number, and other various information about each person in one sleeve and a photo of them in another. Write your holiday cards and improve your memory all at the same time!
- Giving a huge speech? Organize your index cards in the photo album so you don’t have to worry about dropping them or loosing your place.
- Press flowers and leaves in the sleeves of photo albums.
- Organize your recipe box by putting recipes in your photo album. The plastic covering will also help protect your recipes against spills and splatters.
- Christmas shopping can be a breeze if you take notes throughout the year. Assign one page in your album to everyone on your gift list. As you browse through magazines and stores throughout the year, keep these people in mind and add notes to their pages of possible gift ideas.
- Temporarily organize small collectible items, such as stamps, coins, baseball cards, tickets, autographs, etc.
- Here’s a fun idea. Take a small album and fill each page with your favorite seasoning combinations. Seal off the edges so they don’t fall out. Include a recipe using the seasoning and present to a friend as a housewarming gift. BONUS! They can then use that album to store photos of their new house!
Knowledge is power! Learn fun facts, hints and tips, and creative ways to use every day items with “The Buzz” posts on Thursday.