Anyone out there in the digital world remember floppy disks? How obnoxious were those things? I don’t even think computers and laptops nowadays have floppy disk drives…so what to do with all those disks that contain the last shreds of various middle school and high school papers? I have some ideas…
- Floppy disks make great and durable coasters. Cover with padding and fabric and give as gifts or keep for yourself.
- Stick them under your table or chairs to keep them from rocking.
- Decorate them with a photo and hang on the wall for a 3-D style art piece. Here’s a great example (http://mjcdn.motherjones.com/preset_16/floppyframe-master.jpg)
- Superglue a handle on them and you’ve got a makeshift spatula! Great for mod kitchens.
- You could use them to scrape ice off your car or motorcycle.
- Hard to believe, but many schools, churches, and older businesses still have use for the floppy disk. If you can’t think of a way to use them creatively, consider donating them to those who could put them to use.
- Make a cute pen holder, fake flower holder, or photo cube by gluing floppy disks together in a square.
- Make a planter (http://craziestgadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Floppy-Disk-Planter.jpg)
- Those with great patience, talent, and time can turn hundreds of floppy disks into stunning curtains or brief cases by creating holes in the corners and attaching the disks together with wire or clips.
Knowledge is power! Learn fun facts, hints and tips, and creative ways to use every day items with “The Buzz” posts on Thursday.