I love marshmallows. They’re one of my favorite snacks. I especially love the ones with toasted coconut on them. HEAVEN! But the little marshmallow can do so much more than satisfy a sweet tooth…
1. Sooth a sore throat with 2-3 marshmallows. The gelatin in the marshmallow helps take care of that irritation…just be sure to chew the marshmallows first.
2. Summer is coming and it’s time to get your first pedicure of the season. Out of cotton balls? Hate those stupid toe-separating torture devices? Use marshmallows! They’re soft and will separate your toes without causing major discomfort.
3. Use melted marshmallows as an edible glue. It can help hold decorations on cakes or gingerbread houses.
4. Throw one or two marshmallows in your sugar canister to help get rid of those pesky sugar clumps. This works for brown sugar, too.
5. Decorate them with food-safe markers! Great rainy day activity for kids. Look for the extra large marshmallows for more decorating fun!
6. Summer also means ice cream. Stop annoying drips by placing a marshmallow at the bottom of the cone before you add the ice cream. If you’re a Popsicle person, slide a marshmallow on to the bottom of the Popsicle stick to stop drips.
7. Hate waxy birthday cake? Stick birthday candles in marshmallows and then put the marshmallows on your cake. The wax will drip onto the marshmallow, which you can simply toss without ruining your beautiful birthday cake.
8. Have a photo shoot! Marshmallows come in tons of varieties, flavors, sizes, colors, shapes, etc. Assemble them into creatures with toothpicks and edible marshmallow glue and create some very unique photos! By the way, The Washington Post has an annual PEEP photo competition for those who are photographically minded. Check out The Peep Show for more info.
9. They are also just a great snack! I love mine with pretzels and chocolate chips.
Knowledge is power! Learn fun facts, hints and tips, and creative ways to use every day items with “The Buzz” posts on Thursday.