In preparation for tomorrow’s book review, I thought I’d talk about the many helpful and crazy uses for butter…not that you’re going to have to find many other uses for it if you are a strict follower of the woman discussed tomorrow 🙂
1. Like it’s peanut butter cousin, regular butter can help remove glue from your hands and gum from your hair.
2. Rub you knife down with a little butter before slicing into sticky items, such as dried fruit or pies. Butter (and shortening) also works great if you’re making rice crispies or anything with melted marshmallows. Simply coat your spoon with butter and just dare something to stick to it! 🙂
3. Hate to say Mary Poppins was wrong, but a little touch of butter does help the medicine go down. If you’re unable to swallow pills, try rubbing them with a little butter to help them quickly glide down your throat.
4. Butter is a great treatment for minor skin irritations. Rub a generous amount of butter on sunburn, dry skin, and minor burns twice a day. DO NOT pull a Kramer and cover yourself in butter before going out for a tan. 😉
5. If you’re in a pinch for hair conditioner, use some butter! It provides amino acids to fine hair and is a great way to get a healthy shine!
6. SAVE YOUR CHEESES! Coat the cut edges of hard cheeses with a little bit of butter to prevent them from getting hard and moldy. You can also rub the cut side of an onion to keep it fresh longer.
7. Love cooking fish but hate the leftover smell? Rub some butter on your hands and wash them with warm soap and water and your hands will be odor free (and smooth!).
8. Use butter to help remove those water stains from your wood furniture. Rub about 1 TB butter on the mark and let it sit overnight. Wipe away excess with a soapy sponge.
Knowledge is power! Learn fun facts, hints and tips, and creative ways to use every day items with “The Buzz” posts on Thursday.