Think mustard is just a tangy condiment used on hotdogs? Think again…
1. Deodorize bottles and glass containers. Place a little mustard in the bottle and add hot water. Shake vigorously and then rinse clean. Your bottle will be left smelling fresh and new! (I tried this on a container that held minced garlic and it worked like a charm!)
2. If you’re in a pinch for a topical decongestant, you can rub mustard on your chest. Place a cloth soaked in hot water on top of the mustard and breathe easy. Mustard, when mixed with honey, warm water, salt, and lemon juice can also help sooth a soar throat.
3. Keep pests and weeds out of your garden by sprinkling white mustard seeds around your prized flora. Do a little research before trying this, though…some plants can be harmed by mustard seeds.
4. Tired of dem achin’ bones? Mix 2 tablespoons mustard and one teaspoon Epsom salt into running bath water. Let your body soak for about 20 minutes to help relieve minor muscle aches and pains. Make sure you rinse thoroughly to avoid smelling like a hot dog. Also, I would recommend consulting with a doctor or doing a skin test if you have sensitive skin. Try soaking your feet or hands first…and if you get a reaction, try an oatmeal bath instead.
5. When all else fails, practice safe lunch and use it as a condiment! 🙂
Knowledge is power! Learn fun facts, hints and tips, and creative ways to use every day items with “The Buzz” posts on Thursday.