Ideally you should only use a toothbrush for about 3-4 months before it needs to be replaced. Seems like such a waste to let this little power cleaner spend the rest of its existence in the garbage! Next time you replace your toothbrush, consider giving the old one a new job…
1. Naturally toothbrushes are awesome cleaning tools. Use them to clean hard to reach places around the house and everyday items, such as jewelry, computer key boards, cheese graters, buttons, waffle irons, and so much more.
2. If you’re an out-of-the-box hair dyer, use an old toothbrush to apply color around your hairline. It will limit the amount of color you have to scrub off your skin.
3. Use toothbrushes to apply stain remover to clothes and car interiors. Keep one in your glove compartment to remove dirt and rocks from tires.
4. With summer just around the corner, it’s time to do some major cleaning! Use an old toothbrush to get all the dust out of your air conditioner and fans before turning them on.
5. Glue labels to them and stick them in the garden to identify plants and herbs.
6. Use toothbrushes to exfoliate all over your body. Rub it on your lips, face, elbows, knees, etc. to help remove dry dead skin. Also great for a mani/pedi kit.
7. If you’re creatively minded, you can turn old toothbrushes into really unique jewelry. Read about making fun bracelets here. Toothbrush bristles also make very unique paint strokes.
Knowledge is power! Learn fun facts, hints and tips, and creative ways to use every day items with “The Buzz” posts on Thursday.