Fishing bobbers are a staple for nature-loving dads. Whether he’s a fisherman or not, these little plastic balls can be put to use in tons of creative ways!
1. Bobbers obviously float…so use one as a keychain if you’re heading out into the water. If, for some reason, your keys fall overboard or your kayak tips over, the bobber will keep your keys above water.
2. Use a bobber as a light pull for a light string that’s hard to reach.
3. Carefully pry the bobbers open and fill each one with an activity idea, thought, quote, or piece of candy. Glue them back together and hang several from a tree. Present it to dad on Father’s Day for a celebration that could easily last the whole month (if you instruct him to open one bobber a day).
4. Tie a string onto several bobbers if you’re going on a long hike. Fishing bobbers are light and easily fit into a backpack. Tie bobbers onto various tree limbs to mark your route in case you get lost on the way back.
5. Carefully drill a hole through the top of the bobber to make your own salt and pepper shakers! This would be a great wedding favor for a nature/outdoor themed wedding.
6. Bobbers come with a hook already in them (to attach it to a fishing line)…so you could paint them and make your own awesome Christmas ornaments! OR paint them and hang them around your boathouse/outdoor room for a unique and creative art piece.
7. Fill bobbers with beans or rice and use them as kitten toys.
8. Tie your tea bags to the bobber for a fun tea holder. This is great if you’re making iced tea and are using several tea bags. You can also use this tactic in the bathtub if you make your own bath sachets.
Knowledge is power! Learn fun facts, hints and tips, and creative ways to use every day items with “The Buzz” posts on Thursday.