I have been craving soup like no one’s business. It’s been cold and rainy in Chicago and nothing goes with a rainy day like soup and a Johnny Depp movie 🙂
So last night we whipped up this batch of chicken tortellini soup that seriously warmed my soul. It’s perfect for a weekday meal because it’s so easy to make!
12 oz. chicken breast
2 TBS olive oil
3 cloves garlic
2 14.5 oz cans of chicken stock
3 cups sliced mushrooms
2 cups fresh torn spinich
1 3/4 cup water
2 carrots, sliced into matchsticks or chopped into bite-sized pieces
19 oz. cheese filled tortellini
1. Cut up chicken into bite-sized pieces and cook in the oil in a large soup stock pot (this is a 1 pot chop n’ drop kind of thing).
2. Add garlic and cook 5 minutes, or until garlic is soft.
3. Stir in broth and add rest of ingredients, except spinach and tortellini.
4. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium. Add tortellini and let simmer until noodles are ready. Stir in spinach just before serving.
5. Enjoy! PS-your kitchen will smell AMAZING!
Every Monday is a “Reci-bee” post, where I share my favorite recipes, recipe collections, and cooking and baking hints and tips.