Looking for fun ways to jazz up your chicken tonight? Well, you’ve come to the right place!
This simple yet delicious meal was a cooking experiment that turned into something amazing. With chicken, pitas, red bell pepper, and goat cheese, you can have an easy and quick dinner any day of the week!
(Thanks to my awesome man-friend for submitting this recipe…and making me dinner on countless occasions. You’re the best!)
Chicken Pita Pockets:
- 1-2 chicken breasts, thawed and butterflied
- Course sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Cinnamon to taste
- Cumin to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1-2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced into quarters
- Goat cheese to taste
- 4-8 pita halves
- Place chicken on a cutting board. Mix salt, pepper, cinnamon, cumin, paprika, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Once combined, sprinkle over chicken on both sides.
- Using an indoor grill, an outdoor grill, a Foreman grill, or just a skillet, cook the chicken until juices run clear (cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breast. Butterflied chicken usually cooks much quicker, so be sure to watch it carefully so as to not overcook).
- Once chicken is fully cooked, set it aside to rest for 5-10 minutes. Then slice into bite-sized strips.
- Place red bell peppers on the grill and top each slice with a teaspoon or so of goat cheese. Cook on the grill until cheese begins to melt.
- When you’re ready to eat, heat up your pitas in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Fill with chicken and cheesy peppers. Serve with rice or salad.
Every Monday is a “Reci-bee” post, where I share my favorite recipes, recipe collections, and cooking and baking hints and tips.