When life gets you down, there’s no comfort like some delicious no fail peanut butter cookies. This chewy peanut butter cookie recipe is full of yummy peanut butter flavor and lots of fall spices, making this a perfect accompaniment to a cup of chai tea or coffee. I’m telling you, it’s impossible to just eat one!
Soft and Delicious Easy Peanut Butter Cookies:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a bowl. Mix to combine and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the brown sugar and the eggs. Beat in the peanut butter and milk. Gradually add in the flour mixture and mix until dough begins to form.
3. Drop dough out onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Form into a ball and wrap it in the plastic wrap. Refrigerate for four hours or freeze for one hour.
4. When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Drop the dough on a greased cookie sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes. These cookies will brown quickly, so be sure to watch them. I pulled mine out after 10 minutes and then let them rest a while on the pan. They were perfectly soft and chewy in the middle and were still chewy three days later!
Every Monday is a “Reci-bee” post, where I share my favorite recipes, recipe collections, and cooking and baking hints and tips.