Who would have thought that you could turn a toilet paper roll into a cute little Valentine card? With this easy paper craft you can make cute little 3-D hearts to attach to cards, packages, and lots more!
3-D Valentine Cards:
- 1 toilet paper roll
- White, Pink, and Red fabric paint
- Paint brush
- Hot glue gun
- Variety of paper
- Knitting needle
- 2 coffee cups
1. First cut your toilet paper roll into 1/4 inch circles. It helps if you flatten it first.
2. Next you’re going to want to rig up a drying machine. I put some newspaper down and turned some coffee cups over. I taped a knitting needle to one side and slid my hoops on to the needle from the other side.
3. Once your rig is built, paint your cardboard hoops white. This will make your color pop when you paint them. One coat should do it. Make sure to get the sides and inside of each hoop. Place each hoop one by one on the knitting needle and let dry completely.
4. When your white coat is dry, paint your hoops whatever color you’d like! I did three baby pink, three hot pink, and three red…one coat of each. Put them back on your “rig” and let them dry again!
5. Once your hoops are dry, shape them into hearts by folding one crease tighter and pushing the other crease into the middle. Add some hot glue to one side of the heart and press onto the paper. Cut around the hearts and arrange to your hearts desire! The leaves were made the same way, I just didn’t turn them into hearts!
Celebrate creativity every Wednesday with a “Creativi-bee” post, where I share easy craft tutorials, project ideas, and craft collections.