Coffee and biscotti. There’s no happier food paring! These easy to make granola biscotti cookies are perfect with a hot and strong cup of coffee. While I added granola to mine, you can add whatever you’d like. Chocolate chips and dried cranberries would be great, cranberries and pistachios, or just plain cookies! It’s totally up to you!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cranberry granola (or whichever flavor you like)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegtable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, granola, baking powder, and salt and stir with a whisk.
3. Combine oil, extracts, and eggs; add to flour mixture, stirring until well blended (dough will be dry and crumbly). Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 7 to 8 times. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into an 8-inch long roll.
4. Place rolls 6 inches apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; flatten each roll to 1-inch thickness.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove rolls from baking sheet; cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Cut each roll diagonally into 15 slices. Place the slices, cut sides down, on baking sheet. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees, and bake for 10 minutes. Turn cookies over; bake an additional 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
Every Monday is a “Reci-bee” post, where I share my favorite recipes, recipe collections, and cooking and baking hints and tips.