This is my attempt to make fettuccine just a little bit healthy!
This creamy pasta dish is great for a guilty pleasure meal. If you’re not big on fish, use chopped chicken and broccoli instead of salmon and peas. You could read my recipe for Pasta Alfredo with Chicken and Broccoli that I posted a couple of years ago. I still make it at least a couple times a month.
The dill in this dish is optional, but it really does enhance the flavor of the salmon. It’s a great recipe for spring and perfect with a side salad and a cold beer.
Creamy Fettuccine with Peas, Salmon, and Dill
- 1 box of fettuccine
- ½ bag of frozen peas
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 jar creamy alfredo sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. When the pasta is at an al dente stage, add the peas and cook until the pasta is soft.
2. Drain pasta and peas and place back in the pot. Add the sauce and mix to combine.
3. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Add to a hot pan and cook about 3-5 minutes per side. Use a fork and flake the salmon into small bite sized pieces. Add salmon to pasta and mix to combine. Add dill right before serving and mix until combined.
Every Monday is a “Reci-bee” post, where I share my favorite recipes, recipe collections, and cooking and baking hints and tips.