…and I’m not even kidding. These are some of the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever had…and considering the recipe comes from Aunt Bee’s Mayberry Cookbook, that’s really no great surprise.
If you love good old fashioned home cooking, you will love these soft and chewy cookies. These cookies are great for bake sales and gatherings, since they stay soft and chewy for days. Keep them in an airtight container to maintain freshness. And if it just so happens that the cookies get hard or stale, simply throw a piece of bread into the container and your cookies should return to their soft state in a few hours. By the way, if you’re shipping cookies to someone, this is a great way to keep them fresh and soft!
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 package chocolate chips, or chips of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Gradually blend in the flour mixture.
- Add chocolate chips and mix just until combined.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheets and bake for 9-11 minutes, or until edges are brown. Remove from pan and let cool.
Every Monday is a “Reci-bee” post, where I share my favorite recipes, recipe collections, and cooking and baking hints and tips.
5 responses to “The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever”
They certainly look fantastic, but that’s quite a claim 😀
haha! I know! It seems like when your loved one makes cookies, those are always the best ones 🙂
Perhaps you are right 🙂
Nice recipe- they sound good and look great!
thanks! They are quite tasty! I used to make them all the time and then stopped for whatever reason. When I made them again, I realized how good they were! I hope you enjoy them! 🙂