I’m all about reusing and recycling. I love thinking of new ways to use old materials and using things like jars and cans to better organize my crazy life.
If you ask me, an aluminum can is just too valuable to toss into recycling. There are about a billion ways that you can use it to organize everything from your craft room to your bathroom. For this project, I used an aluminum can to make a nifty container for all my crochet hooks and knitting needles. I also attached a piece of elastic band around the can to hold smaller items, like tapestry needles.
This is an easy project that anyone can do! You could even gather a group of cans together to create one heck of a desk organizer.
Needle and Crochet Hook Can
- 1 aluminum can, washed with label removed
- White paint, or paint color of choice
- Mod Podge
- Elastic band
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Large paper embellishment or embellishment of choice
- Paint your can the color of your choice. Once paint is dry, cover with 1 layer of Mod Podge. Let dry overnight.
- Add a dab of hot glue on the back of the can and secure one end of the elastic band. Wrap the band around the can and secure the other end with hot glue over the previous end. Pull band a little tight when you wrap it around so the needles will stay secure against the can.
- Embellish with a paper flower or embellishment of your choice. Fill with your crochet hooks and knitting needles and you’re good to go!
Celebrate creativity every Wednesday with a “Creativi-bee” post, where I share easy craft tutorials, project ideas, and craft collections.