Crispy topping, large plump blueberries, and soft n’ moist n’ fluffy sponge…all the magical ingredients that make blueberry muffins so delicious. But sometimes, one blueberry muffin just isn’t enough…sometimes you just have to take your love of muffins to the next level and craft the most delicious and tasty Blueberry Muffin Cake.
Topped with vanilla glaze, this light and fluffy Blueberry Muffin Cake recipe is one you’ll find yourself coming back to again and again. The streusel topping of this cake adds the perfect amount of sweetness and texture. Serve it as breakfast or dessert…or breakfast dessert!
Blueberry Muffin Cake
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon (reserved) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray 9 in. round pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine crumb ingredients. Use pastry cutter to combine. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar. Add egg. Alternate mixing in flour (reserve that 1 tablespoon for later) and milk, finishing with milk. Add baking powder and salt. Mix until mostly smooth.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon reserved flour over blueberries and toss to coat. This will help keep berries suspended in the cake. Fold berries into cake batter.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Top evenly with crumb topping.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool 15 minutes in pan. Carefully remove and let cool completely on cooling grid.
- Once cooled, mix ingredients for glaze. Drizzle on top of cake.
Every Monday is a “Reci-bee” post, where I share my favorite recipes, recipe collections, and cooking and baking hints and tips.