Sure, chocolate chip cookies are okay. And snickerdoodles will do in a pinch. I could take or leave gingerbread cookies, but White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies…that’s where it’s at, people.
Though I have been a die-hard fan of these cookies my entire life, I never actually tried making them myself until a few days ago. WOW. Fresh out of the oven, warm and gooey and oh so buttery, these cookies are 100 times better hot off the pan.
For best results, be careful not to over bake these. They only need to be in the oven about 10 minutes, just until the edges start to brown. When you take them out, they will look puffy and raw, but let them sit for a while and cool slightly before you judge. A few minutes out of the oven and these will turn into soft, cakey mounds of happiness.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, softened (1½ sticks)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture in small batches. Mix until all the flour is incorporated into the dough.
- Carefully stir in white chocolate chips and nuts.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill dough for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Roll dough into 1 in. balls and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are just slightly browned.
NOTE: The cookies will look very soft and puffy and you’ll want to keep them in longer, but RESIST THE URGE! Take them out as soon as you see the edges browning.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for a minute or two, then transfer to wire cooling grid and cool completely.
Every Monday is a “Reci-bee” post, where I share my favorite recipes, recipe collections, and cooking and baking hints and tips.
2 responses to “White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies”
I bet this tastes delicious!! Great recipe
They’re super tasty and very easy to make! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person