Whether you need a last-minute Christmas decoration, a garland for New Year’s Eve, or you’re just looking for a cute way to decorate your bedroom or nursery, these adorable paper stars are a wonderful way to add style to your home.
You could gather them in a bowl, string them on a garland, hang them from a mobile, or just turn them into cute ornaments! The possibilities are endless and you’ll love how super easy these little stars are to make.
Though I made white stars here, you could easily use colored paper to create a whole rainbow of designs. And the width of your paper will also vary the size of your star…so if you want bigger stars, make your paper strips wider. For smaller stars, make your strips thinner (you may also have to make them a bit shorter, too so they’re not too thick when you try to form the points).
One of these stars took about a minute to make, if that. So as you learn the motion, you can power through a whole galaxy in no time!
How to Make Origami Paper Stars
- Piece of 8 1/2 x 11 paper
- Cut out two strips of paper, each measuring about 1 in. wide. Tape them together for a strip measuring 1 in. wide and 22 in. long.
- On one end of the strip, make a ribbon, with the short end behind the long end.
- Insert the small tab through the hole and pull gently to form a knot.
Oops, my paper ripped! No worries, you won’t see it!
- Fold down the short end behind the piece.
- Then start folding the long strip up and around the piece, following the angles.
- Keep folding until you get to the end.
- Once you’re at the end, you’ll stick the end piece underneath these two folds.
- So you’ll have something like this.
- Then just push the side of the hexagon with your finger nail.
- Repeat on all sides for a star.
Celebrate creativity every Wednesday with a “Creativi-bee” post, where I share easy craft tutorials, project ideas, and craft collections.