Last week I did a post on Easter Candy You Can Make Yourself, but if you’re still looking for a little something sweet to liven up your Easter baskets this year, try these super cute Rice Crispy Easter pops!
This recipe is super simple and you can even let the kids help out with making these tasty pops! I decided to leave mine un-decorated, but you can easily add sprinkles, icing, or melted chocolate to these pops for some added flavor and texture.
This is a very easy and quick recipe, and these little pops would look super cute in an Easter basket or centerpiece arrangement.
Rice Crispy Treat Easter Pops
- Rice Crispy cereal (6 cups needed)
- Mini marshmallows (10 oz. bag)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon good vanilla extract (optional)
- In a large pot, melt butter over low to medium heat. Add marshmallows. Continue mixing until marshmallows have completely melted, about 3 minutes. At this point, you can add the vanilla if you’d like. It’s totally optional, but if you use a good quality vanilla, it adds a great “bakery taste” to your treats.
- Once your marshmallows have melted, take the mixture off the heat. Add the cereal and stir until completely combined.
- Dump onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread out evenly as best you can. If the mixture starts to set and stick, take another piece of parchment paper, spray it with non-stick spray, and press the paper, sprayed side down, onto the treats to even and spread them out.
- Let set completely, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove the treats from the pan. Using your favorite cookie cutters, cut out your Rice Crispy shapes. Transfer to plate or another sheet of parchment paper. If you want to decorate your treats, go for it! Otherwise you can insert a cake pop stick into the bottom of the treat or use melted chocolate to attach a stick to the back of the treat. Wrap them in little treat bags and you’re good to go!
Every Monday is a “Reci-bee” post, where I share my favorite recipes, recipe collections, and cooking and baking hints and tips.