First off, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope 2018 is off to an amazing start so far!
Pizza, burgers, nachos, tacos…the great thing about living in the melting pot that is these here United States is that we have a whole conglomeration of drunk foods to choose from. Want tacos at 2 a.m? A cold pizza at midnight? Chances are you can find your craving almost anywhere.
Not surprisingly, the rest of the world has some killer drunk food, too. Donuts, tacos, POUTINE, and the insanely smart munchies box from Scotland are just SOME of the amazing drunk foods that await you down below…
So nurse that New Year’s hangover with these 20 Drunk Foods from Around the World!
20 Drunk Foods from Around the World
- Beijing – Chaun’r (meat or vegetable skewers)
- Mumbai – Bhurji-pav (spiced, scrambled eggs and bread)
- Sri Lanka – Kottu (roti, vegetables, egg, meat, and spices, grilled and chopped)
- Dublin – Fish and chips (fried fish with thick-cut fries)
- Nairobi – Mandazi (fried dough, sometimes served with coconut milk)
- Mexico – Gringas (flour tortilla, cheese, pork, usually grilled)
- Shanghai – Jianbing (fried crepe with egg and various filling)
- Madrid – Churro con chocolate (fried churros served with melted chocolate)
- Germany – Doner kebabs (sliced lamb, onion, tomato, chili and yogurt sauces, served with flatbread)
- Montreal – Poutine (fries topped with gravy and cheese curds)
- South Korea – Dak galbi (stir-fried chicken, veggies, onions, and hot pepper sauce)
- Italy – Porchetta sandwich (roast pork, onion marmalade, and arugula on a crispy roll)
- Greece – Loukoumades (fried dough topped with sugar and honey)
- Tokyo – Ramen (noodle soup served with pork, fish cake, seaweed and egg)
- Iran – Persian pizza (sauceless pizza with sausage and veggies on thick crust)
- Berlin – Currywurst and fries (sausage and fries topped with curry ketchup)
- Scotland – Munchy box (a pizza box filled with everything from pizza to fries, onion rings, garlic bread, or kebab meat)
- Czech Republic – Samzeny Syr (fried cheese served with tartar sauce)
- Kenya – Mandazi (coconut donut)
- Brazil – Acaraji (deep-fried batter ball with peppery shrimp stew)
Every Monday is a “Reci-bee” post, where I share my favorite recipes, recipe collections, and cooking and baking hints and tips.