Let me just say that watching Pixar’s Up was an emotional experience. Like every Pixar movie, it basically had me sobbing on the floor like a disturbed child, but I just loved the messages of love and adventure.
To help tie our recent travel-inspired wall decor together, I decided to make a wood canvas featuring the “Adventure is out there!” quote from Up.
I had some leftover buttons and letters in my craft stuff, so this sign basically was an awesome stashbuster and a fun way to use all the buttons I’ve somehow collected in my lifetime.
*You can find the tutorial for the four pieces of string art here!
If you love traveling or Disney or buttons or all of the above, this would be a great addition to your home!
Adventure is Out There Sign
- Several buttons in various sizes and colors
- Wood pallet
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Black yarn or thread
- Puffy letter stickers
- To place the letters evenly on the board, I actually started from right to left, adding the letters backwards so I knew I had enough room. The stickers that I had in my stash were sticky enough to stick to the board alone, but if needed, you can use Mod Podge to make them stick or spray them with extra adhesive if needed.
- Once the letters were placed, I started arranging the buttons. I didn’t glue anything down until I liked the shape of the balloon arrangement. Once I was satisfied with that, I started gluing the buttons to the board, placing hot glue on the back of the button, attaching a small black string, then pressing it to the board.
- I continued working aaaaaaaalllll the way down the balloon arrangement gluing forever! Then I gathered and trimmed the black thread and added a little bow to hold it all together.
- I really like how this board turned out! It’s super easy to make and a great way to use up some extra buttons and stickers!
Celebrate creativity every Wednesday with a “Creativi-bee” post, where I share easy craft tutorials, project ideas, and craft collections.