Good Monday morning, everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I have a super delicious and figure friendly dessert for you today…perfect for parties (since you’ll most likely have everything you need already!) of the birthday, bridal, or baby variety…
Chocolate Bowls with Strawberries and Whipped Cream
Chocolate bowls with Fruit and Whipped Cream
What You’ll Need:
1 bag of dark chocolate chips (or milk chocolate…whatever you like)
10-15 fresh strawberries, washed and cut in halves
mini balloons (one for each bowl)
**One bag of chocolate will make roughly 12-16 bowls…depending on the size of your balloons
1. Melt your chocolate in either a double boiler or the microwave. If you use a double boiler, make sure the pot on top is much larger than the pot on the bottom to prevent steam from getting in your chocolate. Once steam or water enters your chocolate, it’s over. Keep the heat on medium to help control the steam. Stir milk chocolate occasionally and dark chocolate when needed. Once all the pieces of chocolate are melted, turn the stove off and remove the pot of chocolate.
2. Let the chocolate come to room temperature by transfering it into another bowl.
3. While your chocolate cools, blow up your balloons to about the size of your hand. Rinse them off with cold water so your chocolate doesn’t taste like latex. Dry them off.
4. Cover a baking sheet with wax paper and dip the bottom of each balloon into the chocolate. Let it sit on the wax paper. Repeat until you have your desired amount of bowls. Keep them on the baking sheet and place them in the freezer for at least 1 hour…if not more (best to do this the night before). NOTE, I didn’t have wax paper…so I used aluminum foil and gave it a little spray of cooking oil…which works just the same.
Ready for the freezer!
5. When your bowls are ready, take them out of the freezer and cut a small hole in the balloon. Let the air deflate and slowly pull the balloon away from the chocolate. Now you have a chocolate bowl!
Slowly pull the balloon away
5. Fill the bowl with your strawberries and add a dollop of whipped cream to the top and you’re good to go. You can also use these bowls to serve fruit salad, ice cream, or pudding.
Every Monday is a “Reci-bee” post, where I share my favorite recipes, recipe collections, and cooking and baking hints and tips.