The thing that I love most about clay is that you can turn it into anything! Jewelry, decor, art, even cute little bowls to store your ridiculous collection of buttons!
This clay bowl is super easy to make…the hardest part is actually just rolling out the clay. You can make this bowl any size you’d like, but the smaller the better. Use it to store jewelry, buttons, or nick nacks.
- 1 package of Studio by Sculpey clay (I used Peapod, #6452)
- 1 clay roller
- 1 plastic bowl from a deli
- Wax paper
- Aluminum foil
1. Condition your clay by working all the little squares in your hand piece by piece. Once the clay is warmed up and workable, roll it out into a disk shape, as big as you can make it!
2. Cover your plastic bowl with wax paper and carefully lay the clay disk over the bowl, open side down. Work the clay around the bowl until you have it in the shape you want.
3. Carefully wrap aluminum foil around the clay bowl and press gently to secure. Remove the wax wrapped bowl from the clay (the aluminum foil will help the clay bowl keep its shape as it bakes). Bake according to package directions, removing the aluminum foil during the last 5 minutes of baking.
4. Let the bowl cool completely after baking.
5. Decorate the lid however you’d like. I used a colorful ribbon and wrapped it around the lid several times.
Celebrate creativity every Wednesday with a “Creativi-bee” post, where I share easy craft tutorials, project ideas, and craft collections.